Rocky Horror Picture Show has become one of the most enduring cult flicks, but this month, the Fredericksburg Area Museum brings it a new open air twist. In partnership with the UMW Rich Weirdos (motto: You don’t have to be rich, you just have to be weird), the two organizations will host a full shadow cast performance outside in downtown Fredericksburg’s historic Market Square. This off-kilter student club hosts a weekly cult classic film screening, making them the perfect choice for the performance. Featured in this photo shoot are four proud club members, all shivering with antici… pation.
- Elayna Gladstone (Columbia)
- Favorite movie? The Toxic Avenger.
- Total crush? Jelle Florizoone (he's a Dutch actor and he's real, I promise).
- Hidden talent? I can cross one eye.
- Super power? I can memorize song lyrics super fast.
- Savannah Lunger (Magenta)
- Favorite movie? E.T. and The Parent Trap.
- Great book? Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple.
- Hidden talent? I wouldn’t call it a talent, but my thumbs do a weird thing.
- Personal record? I slept for 15 hours once!
- Nora Whelan (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
- Favorite movie? Wayne’s World.
- Theme song? “Us and Them” by Pink Floyd.
- Archenemy? Whoever is responsible for discontinuing Robert Smith’s lipstick shade.
- Secret wish? To meet Tim Curry just once.
- Erick Boscana (Rocky)
- Favorite movie? Clue.
- Theme song? “Don't Do Sadness” from Spring Awakening.
- Dream job? Whatever Kim Kardashian does.
- Go-to joke? Knock Knock. Who's there? To. To who? To whom!
Do the Time Warp again on Friday, October 20 in Market Square at the Fredericksburg Area Museum. Show starts at 9 PM, free admission, 18+ only. Costumes and props encouraged, but please, no throwing.
Photography by Seth Casana
Hair + Make-up by Claire Stanchfield and Carolyn Stough
Costumes + Props by Jessica Kemp
Lighting by Sophie Mestas