Internationally acclaimed alt-country singer-songwriter Karen Jonas welcomes her fourth baby this month, but if you think that’s slowing down her touring schedule, you’ve got another thing coming. Balancing both the creative and business sides of her music career along with family life, this badass rock ’n’ roll mama makes no compromises.
- Name? Karen Jonas
- Age? 31
- Theme song? Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys.
- Signature drink? Whiskey on the rocks on the house.
- Great book? The Grapes of Wrath.
- Favorite movie? I'd rather be sleeping.
- Dream job? Singer/songwriter/mom—doin’ it!
- Best gig ever? The Birchmere.
- Total crush? Bob Dylan.
- Archenemy? Sleep deprivation and spiders.
- Hidden talent? Domesticity.
- Weapon of choice? High-heeled boots.
- Super power? Making songs and cute babies.
- Personal record? Nap Champ 2017.
- Personal hero? Joni Mitchell.
- Go-to joke? What do we want? A time machine! When do we want it? It's irrelevant!
- Secret wish? To find a better joke.
- Love advice? Three or more times per week.
Photography by Geoffery Greene