Known by her stage name Ships In The Night, Alethea Leventhal is a creature of dark mystery. Her combination of deeply personal lyrics, moody synths, and chill drum tracks provide just the right atmosphere to disappear into a dream. In this shoot, she takes inspiration from her moniker, sinking into a purple ocean of lost possibility.
- Name? Alethea Leventhal
- Age? 27
- Theme song? “Spellbound” by Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- Signature drink? Human blood. And Pedialyte.
- Great book? House Of Leaves.
- Great movie? Donnie Darko.
- Perfect vacation? Berlin. When I toured there last summer, I spent the afternoons in a raft on the canal and the early mornings in the nightclubs.
- Musical mentors? Kate Bush. Missy Elliott. Björk.
- Total crush? Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill.
- Archenemy? People who neglect animals.
- Hidden talent? I play the harp.
- Super power? Muay Thai. I’m good at throwing 'bows.
- Personal record? Actually, I just put out a very personal record called Myriologues.
- Personal hero? Special Agent Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks.
- Secret wish? To be able to sleep for a thousand years after releasing this new album. And to be able to record my dreams.
- Love advice? Every living creature on this earth dies alone.
Listen to the new Myriologues album at shipsinthenight.bandcamp.com.
Photography by Tristan Williams