As the founder of Leopard & Lace, a customized clothing shop based in Richmond, Stef Roschi loves taking basic garments and reinventing them with her own glamour-meet-punk aesthetic. She prides herself on blending sexy with comfortable, resulting in pieces that are flattering to all genders, non-genders, and body types. With her cheeky attitude and prolific output, it’s no wonder that her clients include notable celebrities like Kat Von D, Kesha, and Lux ATL. For this shoot, Stef pulled out her ultra-goth mode, but beware: it isn’t even her final form.
- Age? 34
- Theme song? “I'm Gonna Be” by The Proclaimers.
- Signature drink? Coffee. Always coffee.
- Great book? My favorite punk rock history book, Please Kill Me.
- Favorite movie? Gangs of New York.
- Dream job? Creating sassy underpants. Oh, wait …
- Fashion mentor? Joan Jett, Lita Ford, 1980s Cher, 1980s strippers.
- Total crush? Luna, our shop dog at the record store I work for. She's a shiba inu/angel.
- Archenemy? All have been destroyed.
- Hidden talent? I can Opera sing, like, really well.
- Weapon of choice? Sass.
- Super power? I can sleep anywhere, on anything, no matter how noisy it is. I'm the chillest neighbor on earth.
- Personal record? I've only been to jail once.
- Personal hero? Keeth Boyle. He saved my life once.
- Know any jokes? Why can't a bike stand on its own? Because it's two tired.
- Love advice? Never pretend to be someone you're not. Be yourself. If the person you love doesn't appreciate you for exactly who you are, BYE.
Photography by Deanna Marie