As a singer/songwriter, fine artist, and classical dancer (trained under Lisa Avery at Avery Ballet), Dawn Brighton is always working on something creative. She has a love for history, languages, and both sacred and global art. For this photo shoot, Dawn teamed up with Geoff Greene to explore the grounds of Gari Melchers Home and Studio at Belmont in Stafford, hoping to conjure up his painterly spirit.
- Name? Dawn Brighton
- Age? 28
- Theme song? “Sabrina” by John Williams.
- Signature drink? Kombucha! (Or anything that sparkles.)
- Great book? The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence.
- Favorite movie? My Neighbor Totoro, followed in a close second with the 1992 version of Wuthering Heights starring the one and only Juliette Binoche.
- Inspiring dancer? Inspire yourself. The dance world is full of too much idolization of ballerinas and big companies. Be the most joyful, healthiest, and happiest dancer you can be.
- Dream crush? A basket full of puppies, preferably Labradors and Golden Retrievers.
- Weapon of choice? Pointe shoes, nothing more beastly or unnatural on earth.
- Love advice? Be a princess, generously giving everything of yourself to both the ones you love and the ones you don't yet know you love.
Dawn is heading to the University of Edinburgh in Scotland this fall to pursue graduate work in Art History. Follow her journey at culturedawning.com.
Photography by Geoff Greene