Yanina Angelini Arismendi is a designer, neuve invention artist, and political activist. Originally from Montevideo, Uruguay, they currently reside in Fredericksburg with their partner Justin Young. Last year, the couple co-founded Art Mart, an intimate experimental gallery and performance space. In anticipation of Two Faced Little Bitch, Yanina’s upcoming duo exhibition of visionary mixed media works dealing with gender identity, politics, and personal struggles, we put together a photoshoot to capture both of their gender presentations in all their standoffish glory. Deal with it, bitch.
- Name? Yanina Angelini Arismendi
- Age? 27
- Theme song? “Runaway” by Kanye West.
- Signature drink? I'm a bourbon kind of girl, a champagne kind of guy, but pisco sour is my go-to.
- Favorite movie? Jackie Brown.
- Perfect vacation? Punta del Este, Uruguay.
- Artist role model? Frida Khalo.
- Dream crush? FKA Twigs.
- Hidden talent? I can do a flawless southern belle accent, y'all.
- Super power? Future vision.
- Personal record? 16 hour labor, zero meds.
- Secret wish? That Communism will win!
- Love advice? Love is infinite possibilities, treat it as such.
Two Faced Little Bitch will have its opening reception at Art Mart (1405 Princess Anne Street) on Friday, July 1 from 6–9 PM. See more of Yanina’s work at yaninaangelini.com.