Originally from Roanoke, Tom Hudson is currently studying biology at the University of Mary Washington, but his true passion is for running. He started in high school and the pursuit has not only shaped him as a person, but also landed him a job at Virginia Runner. We caught up with Tom as he was taking a well-deserved break at a backyard cookout.
- Name? Tom Hudson
- Age? 22
- Theme song? “Peaches” by The Presidents of the United States of America.
- Dream vacation? I have always wanted to go out to California and camp out in the Redwoods. I have never seen them and would love to take a while to truly appreciate them.
- Weapon of choice? Baseball bat.
- Personal best? This year, I have run a minimum of three miles a day for 171 days in a row and counting.
- Role model? My father. He has taught me through his actions that hard work truly does pay off. You get out whatever you invest into something.
- Know any jokes? Why did the bicycle fall over? It was two tired.
- Secret wish? To win the lottery but not do anything with it. I would keep the money and continue life as usual. I mean, I would do the obvious things like pay off my student loans and maybe get rent in on time, but it would be great to have the money available to get myself out of bind or help out anyone I knew that was in need. To quote Forrest Gump, it would be “one less thing.”
- Love advice? You have to love someone for all of the little things that make them “them.”
Art Direction by Seth Casana