As a knitwear designer, photographer, and urban explorer, Leney Breeden wears many hats, but is best known for that black one with the wide brim. She’s always popping off to some new corner of the globe in search of inspiration, sending home love letters to document her travels. We were lucky enough to catch up with her at one of her secretive urbex locations, an abandoned farm house just outside of Richmond.
- Name? Leney Breeden (AKA The Knitting Queen)
- Age? 23
- Best book? Love Does by Bob Goff.
- Theme song? “Into The Mystic” by Van Morrison.
- Dream vacation? Currently Iceland, where I will be going next month!
- Signature drink? Margarita with salt, especially if it’s one from Don’t Look Back.
- Weapon of choice? Knitting needles. But if they’re occupied: a pocket knife.
- Role model? My Momma.
- Success tips? Comparison is the thief of joy. Just do you and don’t look around too much to see where you stand in relation to where everyone else is at because you can’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.
- Love advice? Stop worrying so much. Love yourself and who you are first, and the rest will work itself out the way it’s supposed to.
Follow her adventures at agirlnamedleney.com
Photography by Stephen Graham